Six Republican policymakers sat down with Editor-In-Chief Campbell Brown on Aug. 19, for a sweeping in-depth look at K-12 policies, politics and platforms. Click on their names to watch our complete conversations with Governor Jeb Bush
, Governor Chris Christie, former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina
, Governor Bobby Jindal, Governor John Kasich
and Governor Scott Walker.
Prior to taking the stage in Manchester, New Hampshire, all six GOP leaders also sat down with The Seventy Four to give their candid, 60-second elevator speech about where they stand on K-12 issues, and how they would look to make a mark on America's education system. View, and share, the classroom chats below:
1. Jeb Bush: "We're fighting the wrong fight"
2. Chris Christie: "There can't be an issue that's more important, or affects more people in our country, than education"
3. Carly Fiorina: "What we see in this nation is a huge disparity"
4. Bobby Jindal: "Educator freedom: We need to empower, invest in our teachers"
5. John Kasich: "The President can become a cheerleader for what works in the states"
6. Scott Walker: "…Send power and money from Washington back to the states, and ultimately to our schools"
See our complete coverage of the 2015 New Hampshire Education Summit