The 74 is a non-profit, non-partisan news site covering education in America. Our public education system is in crisis. In the United States, less than half of our students can read or do math at grade-level, yet the education debate is dominated by misinformation and political spin. Our mission is to lead an honest, fact-based conversation about how to give America’s 74 million children under the age of 18 the education they deserve.
Our stories are backed by investigation, expertise, and experience. The 74’s reporting aims to challenge the status quo, expose corruption, spotlight inequality, confront the impact of systemic racism, and champion the heroes who bring positive change to our schools.
There are 74 million children in America. There are 74 million reasons to talk about education. Join the conversation.
- Steve SnyderEditor-in-Chief & Chief Content Officer
- Jim RobertsPublisher & Chief Strategy Officer
- Kathy MooreExecutive Editor
- Bev WeintraubExecutive Editor
- Andrew BrownsteinExecutive Editor
- Emmeline ZhaoProjects & Multimedia Director
- JoAnne WassermanSenior Editor
- James FieldsVideo Director
- Laura FayAssociate Editor
- Beth HawkinsSenior Writer & National Correspondent
- Linda JacobsonSenior Writer
- Mark KeierleberSenior Writer-Reporter
- Kevin MahnkenSenior Writer
- Mimi WoldeyohannesSpecial Projects & Community Manager
- Taylor SwaakCorrespondent
- Meghan GallagherEditorial Fellow
- Zoë KirschSenior Reporter
- Patrick O’DonnellCorrespondent
- Bekah McNeelCorrespondent
- Asher Lehrer-SmallEditorial Fellow