The 74 is a non-profit, non-partisan news site covering education in America. Our public education system is in crisis. In the United States, less than half of our students can read or do math at grade-level, yet the education debate is dominated by misinformation and political spin. Our mission is to lead an honest, fact-based conversation about how to give America’s 74 million children under the age of 18 the education they deserve.
Our stories are backed by investigation, expertise, and experience. The 74’s reporting aims to challenge the status quo, expose corruption and inequality, and champion the heroes who bring positive change to our schools.
There are 74 million children in America. There are 74 million reasons to talk about education. Join the conversation.
- Campbell BrownCo-Founder
- Romy DruckerCo-Founder & CEO
- Steve SnyderEditorial Director
- Kathy MooreExecutive Editor
- Bev WeintraubExecutive Editor
- David CantorExecutive Editor
- Laura GreaniasWest Coast Bureau Chief, Executive Editor of LA School Report
- Emmeline ZhaoSenior Editor for Special Projects
- Andrew RotherhamSenior Editor
- Andrew BrownsteinSenior Editor
- James FieldsVideo Director
- Esmeralda Fabián RomeroSenior Editor
- Beth HawkinsSenior Writer & National Correspondent
- Carolyn PhenicieSenior Writer & DC Correspondent
- Mark KeierleberSenior Writer-Reporter
- Kate StringerSenior Writer & Digital Producer
- Kevin MahnkenStaff Reporter
- Mimi WoldeyohannesSpecial Projects & Community Manager
- Laura FayStaff Producer
- Taylor SwaakEditorial Fellow