The 74 is a non-profit, non-partisan news site covering education in America. Our public education system is in crisis. In the United States, less than half of our students can read or do math at grade-level, yet the education debate is dominated by misinformation and political spin. Our mission is to lead an honest, fact-based conversation about how to give America’s 74 million children under the age of 18 the education they deserve.
Our stories are backed by investigation, expertise, and experience. The 74’s reporting aims to challenge the status quo, expose corruption and inequality, and champion the heroes who bring positive change to our schools.
There are 74 million children in America. There are 74 million reasons to talk about education. Join the conversation.
- Campbell BrownCo-Founder
- Romy DruckerCo-Founder
- Steve SnyderEditor-in-Chief
- Kathy MooreExecutive Editor
- Bev WeintraubExecutive Editor
- Andrew BrownsteinExecutive Editor
- Emmeline ZhaoSenior Editor for Special Projects
- Esmeralda Fabián RomeroSenior Editor
- James FieldsVideo Director
- Beth HawkinsSenior Writer & National Correspondent
- Mark KeierleberSenior Writer-Reporter
- Kevin MahnkenSenior Writer
- Mimi WoldeyohannesSpecial Projects & Community Manager
- Laura FayStaff Producer
- Taylor SwaakStaff Reporter
- Meghan GallagherEditorial Fellow
- Zoë KirschSenior Reporter