The 74’s mission is to lead the national conversation about education, about what’s wrong with the current system and about the dedicated innovators working to address inequity and help all students succeed. We want our stories to be shared as widely as possible — for free. If you’re eager to republish our work, please follow these simple rules. (And please let us know if you post our stuff; we like it!):
1. You must give us credit. For example: “By Mark Keierleber, The 74.” If you publish online, please embed a link to our website’s homepage.
2. Each reproduction must be followed by a credit line to the original story:
“This story [link to 74 story URL] was produced by The 74, a non-profit, independent news organization focused on education in America.”
3. We have no concern if you make changes to suit your publication’s individual style. But if you make substantive changes, like adding comments from a local source, you need to include the following note: “Additional reporting by [your news organization].”
5. You must include all links used in the original story.
6. Any photos can be republished, with the exception of those credited to other media organizations (Getty Images, for example), which require separate permissions from those outlets.
7. Please share links to the story on social media. Just tag us on Twitter and Facebook (@The74).
8. We reserve the right to deny, suspend or limit the rights above for any reason, including instances where these conditions are not met or the republished material is not presented responsibly.
If you have any other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org